A Pathway Collage is a diagram containing a user-specified set of pathways for an organism that can be manipulated and customized in various ways. The diagram is zoomable, with pathway, metabolite, and enzyme labels becoming visible when the diagram is at a sufficiently high magnification level to make them readable. The user can move objects around, selectively highlight objects of interest, delete unwanted portions, import new pathways, edit labels, and use the diagram to display omics data. The collage can be saved and later reloaded, or it can be exported to a PNG or SVG image file for use in a presentation, publication, or web page. The Pathway Collage Viewer is designed to handle fairly small numbers of pathways, and collages are therefore limited to no more than 100 pathways. The Pathway Collage Viewer is intuitive and easy to use, and includes a comprehensive help document.
- See an example Pathway Collage.
- Invoke the Pathway Collage Viewer without generating a new Pathway Collage. Choose this option if you wish to revisit a previously saved Pathway Collage diagram file.
- Options for generating a new Pathway Collage:
- Create a SmartTable containing a set of pathways and invoke the command Export→Export pathways to Pathway Collage.
- From any pathway page, invoke the Generate Pathway Collage operation to generate a Pathway Collage containing just that pathway. You can add additional pathways to the collage from within the Pathway Collage Viewer.
- From the Cellular Overview, invoke the Upload Data from File operation. In the ensuing dialog, ask to show the data as a pathway collage and specify how many of the highest-scoring pathways should be included.
- Select one or more pathways from the list of all pathways in the current organism to create a Pathway Collage containing the selected pathways. The Pathway Collage Viewer will open in a new tab.